i know I haven’t posted in a while, I’ve been on holiday! Sorry!
While on holiday I learnt about this new hair treatment that can double as a hair dye and I was so ready to try it.
So here are the all natural ingredients you’ll need:
1. Take two large beetroots and cut them in discs. Pop them in a pan and add enough water that drowns the beetroots and boil them for 2 hours. Drain them out to collect the water that should be a deep red/auburn colour.
2. To the water add 2 tbsp of coffee while it’s hot and mix well so it dissolves fully.
3. Then add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the same mix.
4. In a separate bowl take 100g of mendhi/henna powder.
5. Add an egg to the henna and mix well.
6. Then add all the liquid mix to the henna and egg and mix.
7. Add water bit by bit to create a paste that isn’t too thick or too runny.
Once your paste is ready it should look something like this:
The henna adds nourishment to the hair and is the hair mask part of the paste. The coffee and beetroot adds a nice mahogany colour to your hair otherwise the henna will give you a orange/yellow shade which, trust me will not look nice. The egg is the conditioner and provides the silky softness.
Apply it through your hair as you would any hair dye. You need to leave it in for at least 2 hours if not more. The longer you leave it in the more it will work but once the henna dries that should be the max time you leave it on.
It isn’t a permenant hair colouring method but the colour does last at least a month. It does depend on how often you shampoo wash your hair too, the colour could go for longer or shorter.
Check my Instagram: @MissSheiikh for updates on the hair colour!