I have been super obsessed with lining the lower-lash line with a pop of colour and I’ve noticed that blue is quite popular this season! So I’ve created this look which I think is perfect for the summer! It’s very versatile too; you can wear it to a nice lunch in the summer sun or a romantic dinner date by the embankment.
I hope you guys like this pictorial!
1. So let’s start with the base: I prepped my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original. This is such an important step especially if you’re going with bold colours because you don’t want any colours to crease or bleed together and it’ll definitely make it last longer. Then I take my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in the Golden Bronze and directly put it all over my lid, then I take my Real Techniques fluffy Crease Brush to blend it all out. This stick is great (previously reviewed this product) and will provide a solid base for this look.
2. Then I’m going to take the colour Darkhorse from my Naked 1 palette and use the same brush to apply this colour to my crease and outer-v of my eyes.
3. Next is the colour Sin from the same palette and apply it to my inner corners followed by the colour Half-Baked to the middle of my eye lids so that all the colours blend together and the gold pops out more.
4. Let’s move onto the eyebrows. I don’t really like filling my eyebrows too much because the are quite thick but just to fill in any gaps that might show and ruin the perfect selfie; I’m going to take my Naked On-the-run palette abd use the colour Dare and take my Real Techniques brow brush to fill them in and shape them a little so they are twins!
5. I’m going to take the Naked 1 palette again and use the colour Virign and apply it to my brow bone and blend it out with my eyeshadow.
6. Next is the eyeliner!my trusty Maybelline Master Ink and I’m going for an Arabian look, so keep it nice and thin but a nice long wing and extent the line to my inner corners and a little further in.
7. Now for the pop of colour! I’m going to start with the NYX retractable eye liner in Deep Blue and start lining my waterline and very slightly under the lower lash line. I’m going to blend that out using the deep blue colour from my Mermaids vs. Unicorns Revolution palette with my Real Techniques Accent Brush.
8. For the eye lashes: on my top lashes I’m going to take my Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara in black and apply a few coats to get them nice and thick and long. Then for my lower lashes I’m going to use the NYX COLOR mascara in Blue. This will help make that colour really pop. If I used a black mascara it would have created a dark shadow hiding the colour away.
I didn’t do a step by step for how I did my base because I believe that every face shape is different so you will apply your products differently but I shall take you through my routine!
1. I’m primed my face with the Smashbox Photo Finish primer.
2. The foundation I used was the Estée Lauder Double Wear in the colour Honey Bronze (4W1) and I applied this with a wet beauty blender. I used this foundation because it is waterproof and lasts super long which is necessary if your eye look is planning to last all day too, can’t have different features drooping off in the day.
3. To highlight and couture I used the LA girl PRO.Conceal concealers. I used the colour Nautral under my eyes and across my cheek bones in a transgression, on the bridge of my nose and in the middle of my forehead. Then I used the colour Toffee on the hollows of my cheeks. I think the best way to know where to apply your contour is to create a line from the top of your ears to the edge of your lips. Then I blended this all out with the same beauty blender.
4. I baked my face with the No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder in the colour Medium (15). After a while I brushed off the powder a fluffy blusher brush my The Vintage Cosmetic Company.
5. I apply the Seventeen Stamp Blusher to the apples of my cheek just to add some subtle colour. But instead of using the stamp sponge I used The Vintage Cosmetic Company Powder blush and swirl it into the box.
6. I take the Benefit Sun Beam and apply it to my cheeks, under my brow and cuspids bow and blend it out with my beauty blender.
7. Finally the highlighter: I used the Clarins Shimmer Highlights in the colour Blond. I used my Real Techniques Fan Brush and applied it to my cheek bones and cuspids bow.
For the lips I used the NYX retractable lip liner in the colour Sinenna to line my lips and blende it onto my lips and not contour them. Then I went all over it with the L’Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in the colour 102.
Finish off the look with some setting spray, I used the Collection 2000 Fix Me Up spray.
You can do these sets of steps the other way around too, prep your face then do your eyes. Whatever works best for you. I hope you like this look.
I’m no expert but if you enjoyed my pictorial please comment down below and let me know please! Follow my Instagram to see how I do my makeup and hit like if you would like to see a pictorial for any one of the looks featured there! Links are on my blog!